Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lesson 8 of the South Dakota Library Challenge covered the use of Worldcat and more.  I think I enjoyed this section the most, my familiarity with this site enabled me to navigate quite easily.

I searched for the title, A Cricket in Times Square by George Selden.  There are 1,637 libraries that have this title worldwide and the top library in my search is Dakota Wesleyan University McGovern Library.  The full record was very detailed, can't imagine there is anything else I need to find this book.  The call number in the Dewey system is Fic, and in the LC the call number is PZ737154.  Many other works by this author, and many, many other materials available on "crickets". 

I did find it interesting that there are versions of this material offered in Spanish, as well as the English version.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insightful comments about WorldCat--you've highlighted many of the reasons why it can be so useful for everything from cataloging to collection development.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete