Monday, April 20, 2015

Lesson 10 - the wrap up!

My biggest discovery was the genealogy section.  We have so many patrons/visitors that come to our library searching for information on their heritage.  Although we have many sources in printed materials, quite often then want "the rest of the story", or more information on other names they come across in their searches.  HeritageQuest and Ancestry will be so helpful as we assist them.  I was always skeptical on the validity of the information these sites concerned, however after finding out so much about my family, I believe these will be great resources.  As you know people who research genealogy are usually quite tenacious, so I am looking forward to having a couple more sources to assist them.

I enjoyed the challenge, and as time permits, I look forward to doing more exploration in the various databases.  As a library "weeds" the non-fiction section due to the age of most materials, these will all come in handy when we are helping students with their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment