Thursday, March 26, 2015

For Lesson 7 in the Ebooks on Ebsco, I did some research on angioplasty.  I was thrilled with the amount of resources that are available and that I could refine the search, or broaden the search.  The variety was also helpful in reading in laymen's terms or the technical terms.  With the page numbers denoted with specific information, it saved time and didn't bog down the research through information not related to exactly what I was looking for, or defeat my purpose.

For the research on Constitution Day, I first searched Constitution Day and then refined the search to Constitution Day in United States.  I found some resources that I wasn't sure how they fit into the category of the subject, and lots of other resources that may prove too cumbersome, at least for K-12 students.  College students would probably have an easier time of navigating through the barrage of information.  I did find one source that specifically discussed Constitution Day, however did not bookmark the source, and was unable to go back and find it.  This site would definitely take practice to navigate, however, I will definitely recommend to researchers.

For the third part of this lesson, I used search term "Nebraska", and was recommended 56 titles on Native Americans.  A very wide range of topics about Native Americans, however, I am curious if there is a way to sort the list according to reading level.  It seems to me that many of the books recommended are upper grade level reading levels, and wonder how the lower grade level readers would be able to gather usable information.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting finds in Ebooks on Ebsco. Unfortunately, Ebooks on Ebsco results are unable to be sorted by reading level--only by relevance, date, author and title. Fortunately, many of the other resources (SIRS and WorldBook for example) have reading levels incorporated in them.

    Thanks for your post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete