Monday, January 26, 2015

At the start of this electronic challenge, I have learned a lot. I am not very tech-savvy, but once I got started, found tons of information about giraffes.  I think the World Book Kids was easy to use, and loved that if referenced so much about giraffes, and found the World Book Students had even more information.  I was hard-pressed to continue on with the challenge, as I explored further about giraffes.

As for World Book Advanced, I searched U.S. Government, United States Government, and American Government, and a variety of different articles came up with each search. So when kids are using the internet for research, do they even know they can search topics differently just by using different versions of their subject?

2 comments:

  1. Tracey, I too have learned a lot already! I'm amazed that more teachers/students don't use this useful site. None of the people I asked had ever used it before. I too ove the variety of articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a blast researching in World Book! Giraffes is a great topic to explore.
    School librarians help students learn about searching--and using the online resources like World Book. Public librarians can help too when they are helping students with homework or other projects by referring them to the online resources and modeling the search description you describe.

    Thanks for the great post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete